Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A little Grazie goes a long way...

Political Signs you probably wouldn't see in America...

As most of you are probably well aware, Italy recently held a series of elections throughout the country to elect a new government.  My friends here in Catania have assured me that this is a pretty normal occurrence, happening up to twice a year!  (No joke!)

There was the usual campaigning - posters, rally's, TV commercials I could not understand - however the one thing that struck me about the recent elections did not occur before the election, but AFTER.

All around Catania, the winning parties and officials have hung thank you signs (GRAZIE!) to the voters.  I thought this is pretty cool... probably the next best thing to Barrack Obama running around the U.S. giving post-election high-fives (although I could see him doing it...)

A little Grazie goes a long way...

So the next time any of you get elected to public office, be sure to thank us little people who got you there!

Grazie!

J. Twice 





No comments: