Saturday, January 24, 2009

Brazilian Faces


The epitome of Brazilian Vitality.

As I journeyed through Brazil, I was struck by the people.  You often hear stereotypes about how beautiful the Brazilian people are, but you really need to experience it first hand to grasp what is meant by the phrase.  For Brazil is a land of sharp contrast -- and for many people living there it is the simple things in life that bring happiness.  There is a certain sparkle in the eyes of the Brazilians, and something that I could see from behind the lens during the many portraits I took of Brazilian people.  Here's a few of my favorites:  



I met this boy on a boat going down the Amazon River, and he especially liked to be photographed.  In fact, one of the bet ways to make Brazilians smile is to take a picture and show it to them.


The face of Project Zola - a social program established to build a school for children in the Amazon region of Belem.

This is Ben-Hur... and no, I'm not joking.





One picture that does not need a caption.

~ J. Twice

4 comments:

George said...

GREAT pictures as always!

The Lindermans said...

I love the baby! I know...weird!

DPLassen said...

I believe this sets the J.Twice record for most photos posted without use of the fisheye lens. Congratulations.

Seriously, some great shots in this and the other entries from Brazil.

Unknown said...

i love all the lady faces its like am under their Love Spell thanks for sharing.