Saturday, August 2, 2008

Maui Update

The View from our Balcony... breathtaking!

I guess this would be Appendix A, as we've traveled to Maui with our family for three weeks of relaxation after our "stressful" European adventure.  Our family is extremely close, and this will be a special time together without the typical interruptions of daily life.

As soon as we got off the plane, I immediately felt at home as the familiar humidity and warm, fragrant air instantly brought back feelings of many fun times in Maui.  As always, I've brought my camera - and after two days couldn't help but post some pictures, as the landscape simply begs to be photographed!  Enjoy!

Airport Arrival!  On the right, my grandparents Frosty and Donna, the 'patriarchs' of the Westering side of our family.  They first started coming to Hawaii over 25 years ago, and have helped make all of this possible!

Dinner at Hula Grill, Ritz-Carlton Kapalua.

Group Photo!

Sunset over the water on the first night...

... and sunset over the Red Sand!

Exotic Flora

Napili Bay where we bodysurfed and snorkled.

Christie and I with my grandparents.

My dad with my nephew, Rees.  He was experiencing the waves for the first time and I was able to capture the special moment!

~ J. Twice

3 comments:

George said...

Looks like the fun continues, ENJOY!!!

Unknown said...

Please say a big hello to your grandparents Donna and Frosty and your Mom and Dad for me. Have a wonderful time. Looks lovely.

Terry

Anonymous said...

these rocking pictures brought back all the AMAZING memories and great times i had in Maui.
Thanks for sharing bro.