Sunday, July 27, 2008

Closing this Chapter of our Lives...

As I browsed the bookstore at London's Heathrow Airport before our flight home, I randomly came across the book "Playing for Pizza."  Seemed like a fitting end to snap a picture as I reached the final page of my own real life adventure...

Well, we've come to the end of the REALLY PLAYING FOR PIZZA experience.  After 180 days in Europe, 245 Blog Posts, and more new friends & memories that I can possible count, I can honestly say that it was a time I will NEVER FORGET.  I thank each and every one of you who have either been following our adventures on the blog or actually participated in one of our many good times along the way... you have all made our lives more rich than you can possibly know.  But as I close this chapter, the question becomes, where do I go from here?

Well, the short term answer is that we're off to Hawaii for three weeks of R & R.  (Yes, I know my life is tough, and yes, I know you are rolling your eyes right now!)  It will be an incredible time to spend with family as we head first to Maui for a family reunion and then off to Oahu to visit with friends.

Long term, our plan is to head to Southern California or Arizona towards the end of September to pursue business opportunities.  We are not sure exactly what our lives will look like 6 months from now, but we are excited as we do open this "new chapter."

Speaking of Chapters, I have already begun work on a REALLY PLAYING FOR PIZZA book that I hope to publish in the coming months.  It will expand on many of the blog stories, photography, and other personal narratives to give a more intimate and detailed look at what it really was like to live & play football in Italy.  I will keep you all posted as it develops!

And as for next year and our thoughts of returning to Catania to play, we are leaving that up to God right now and will wait to see where our lives are headed.  We would LOVE to play one more year in Europe, but also realize that with our careers that is not always the easy thing to do.  I think as winter approaches the answer will come clear - and we will DEFINITELY keep you all posted as to that decision!!!  (They do say that 'sequels' are very popular these days...)  

Finally, like George, I have constantly been getting the question about what will happen to this blog now that I've returned home.  Well, the easy answer is that I'm not currently Playing for Pizza and thus shouldn't keep the blog going on a daily basis.  (I'm sure its not that interesting to tell you that 'today I ran errands, went to work, and then made dinner'.)  However, sharing our lives with everyone and making new connections has been a very rewarding experience... so I've decided that I will continue to post "every-now-and-then" general updates about what is going on with us.  (Although you must know that if something hilarious happens, it will be going up!!!)  THAT IS... until my next crazy adventure begins and then we'll all be off and rolling again!!!

Arrivederci and A Dopo,

Jason Johnson, aka J. Twice

3 comments:

The Lindermans said...

JJ & CCJ - What an amazing adventure you have been on together! I'm so glad it all worked out for you. Thank you for sharing with all of us on your blog...it has been the highlight of my day to read and see all that you experienced. We felt like we were right there with you! You have such a great way with words, J, and I know that you and Christie will be successful in wherever life leads you next. Can't wait to have some great time together in Hawaii!

~Love, The Lindermans

Mark P Sadler said...

JJ loved getting to know you on the blog and facebook. Let me know when you get to Tucson .. we can get some pizza! Hey I just wrote a book so lets swap agent info.. Catch you when you get here..

Mark

Anonymous said...

well shucks- I should have read further before leaving a comment- If you do come back, we'll definitely get a good crowd of Americans over there to watch yall play.