Saturday, July 5, 2008

A Close Call with Lampard...

The best footballer in the world... FRANK LAMPARD!

As many of you know, I love not only "Football Americano" but Soccer/Football/Calcio (depending on your georgraphy) as well.  In the world of soccer, one of my favorite team is Chelsea - thanks in part to my good friend Jake Riddell - in the English Premiere League, who boasts in my opinion the best football player in the world: Frank Lampard.

The fact that Lamps is the best could be hotly debated, as I will concede he is not the most flashy, the highest scoring, or even the most talented player in the world.  However, his style of play is why I admire him and what I aim to achieve in my own play: a gritty determination that makes his team completely different when he is on the field, practically WILLING them to victory.

With such a tight personal connection to the Chelsea Star - it came as no surprise that British Tabloids reported that on Monday, Frank Lampard, "Spent the day eating Gelato in Taormina."

I mean... this is what I LOVE TO DO!  It validates the fact that we are kindred spirits.  The way I figure it, Lampard must have read my blog - about the amazing taste and wrist action of Taormina gelato -  and thus told his private yacht to make a side-trip to Taormina for the best gelato in Sicily.

When the tabloids pushed him about a possible move to Inter-Milan after his former coach recently signed on as manager, Lampard politely told them he would 'rather just eat his gelato.'  This is the type of focus - on gelato - that makes him the best!

I just thought you all should know that my blog is now reaching across the Football Universe...


~ J. Twice

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dude,u're CRAZY.

:D