Friday, December 5, 2008

An Eastern Washington Sunset


"As the sky faded from a sort of salmon color to a flint grey, I thought back to the salmon I caught that day, how grey he was, and how I named him FLINT!"  - Jack Handey

I have always had an affinity for sunsets.  In fact, you could almost call me a sunset enthusiast, but Lord knows I hate that moniker.  That being said, we experienced a beautiful one on Thursday that was definitely "blog worthy."  

As we headed north out of Washington and into Canada, I caught a glimpse of an amazing sunset behind me via my rearview mirror.  We were not in a hurry, and I know how much my wife loves waiting in the car on a busy highway while semis whiz past, so I set up my tripod and snapped a few shots.  Enjoy!  

Working title: Barbed Wire.

Working title: Barbed Wire, but from further away.

I hope there will be sunsets like this in Austria!

~ J. Twice

1 comment:

Fast Times with the Mertlich Family said...

Also baby duck hat is good for parties.