Thursday, November 26, 2009

Turkey Bowl




Turkey Bowl survivors. In the middle are two Euro veterans: WR Joey Stein (white shirt) and myself. The real goal is having a great time with people like this!

A long-standing American tradition on Thanksgiving is the "Turkey Bowl." This annual male-bonding ritual springs up on fields across the nation, and features weekend warriors battling for bragging rights. I was invited to play with my brother in Fresno, and was lucky enough to be joined by Danube Dragon receiver Joey Stein, who I had gotten to know from playing against him in Austria. Joey is originally from Fresno and has a great attitude that is necessary for playing ball overseas. He currently is completing his Master's degree at Chico State.

It was a great chance to throw the ball around and share some laughs, but as fate would have it we were all drafted onto different teams. I did my best to make some plays, but we unfortunately lost when Joey took a hitch 50 yards for a TD. Here's a (controversial) highlight of one of Europe's best imports making some Americans miss:



Now for the real game of the day - eating 10,000+ calories!

J. Twice

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: