Sunday, February 7, 2010

You know you're Canadian when...

On Friday night my Olympic experience took a turn for the 'authentic' as Christie informed me that the evening gathering of her broadcast crew would not be taking place at a local restaurant or pub but rather a CURLING rink! (if rink is the proper term)



The natural.

Yes, Curling is a sport, albeit often misunderstood by American fans who see a glorified version of shuffleboard on ice. In fact, my 100% fictional history of the sport traces it back to medieval knight sliding their shields across swedish fjords, but I may be wrong.








Christie dominated the competition, tossing her stones from the hack over the hog line with authority. I just stood on the aide and yelled 'Hurry!!!!' as loud as possible. All in all, good times!





Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

George said...

First it was Hammerschlagen, now it's Curling . . . is there any sport you two can't conquer?