Sunday, April 19, 2009

Road Trip North!

Where we slept last night - SWEET CASTLE slash HOSTEL called Burg Stahleck on the Rhine River.

I was completely unconscious at about 9am on Sunday morning when the phone rang, startling me from my deep slumber.  It was Gonzalo, and the excitement in his voice could not be misinterpreted, "YO!  I rented a car!  ROAD TRIP!!!!!"

An hour and a half later we were off, headed north into Germany and finally to the amazing Rhine River valley in Northwest Germany.  It was an incredible day - full report soon!!!

And yes, we did sleep in a castle!  It was amazing!!!  Next stop: Luxembourg City (check off another country!) and possibly Bruges, Belgium!!!

Jumping for Germany!!!

We spent the afternoon at the best city you've never heard of - Heidelberg, Germany.

~ J. Twice

4 comments:

Marcellina said...

Welcome to Innsbruck! I also have an "expat" blog, and was interested to discover yours.

Could I interview you for my blog someday about playing American football in Europe? Later, when training/season starts.

Claud said...

i'm jumpin all over the place...

George said...

Hey, I've heard of Heidelberg!

Laurie said...

A GREAT jump photo!