Monday, June 8, 2009

Vienna 24: Real Time Update!

Me, EXACTLY 15 minutes ago:  No love at the ballet.

Imagine my blog is the show "24" - unveiling before your eyes in real time... well, that is what you are getting RIGHT NOW as I sit in the lobby of my hotel, reporting the events in my life as they unfold.  You see, I'm not really in a hurry right now, because I just got DENIED access to the world famous Vienna Opera house at 6:30pm Monday night because I was wearing shorts.  Apparently tourist attire does not equal opera attire.

Now, I could look at this one of two ways:  UPSET, because I'm missing a life experience right now.  Or RELIEVED, because between me, you, and now the entire world via the internet, the show tonight is a ballet.  You see, I'm not exactly the biggest fan in the world of men in tights.  So what I'm gonna do is put some pants on myself, head back there, and see if I can keep an open mind.  Who knows, maybe an interesting story will come of it?

(For the record, if you are ever in Vienna, and want to see the Opera, instead of buying 100 euro tickets you can purchase a standing only pass for just 3 euro!  Go to the side door - they offer 500 each night.)
  
In the meantime, here's some cool stuff that I saw today in Vienna, the Paris of the East:

2:33pm: Christie and her mom in front of the Schönbrunn Palace.

3:08pm: "Horse Statue View" of the Palace Gardens 

5:15pm: St. Stephen's cathedral in the zentrum

6:01pm: Designer meets designed along the Kohlmarket

6:42pm: Brilliant blue sky and the Austrian flag as I walk back to the hotel

OK... Christie's probably wondering where I'm at now, so I better make it back for Act 2!

~ J. Twice

2 comments:

George said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
George said...

J'Son,

Shorts and flip-flops to the ballet. . . NICE!

How could you have forgotten the matching wife-beater?

GCElefanti