Monday, November 23, 2009

Dueling Manhattans

Saturday: Manhattan Island, New York

SUNDAY: Manhattan Beach, Los Angeles

We wrapped our incredible time in New York on Saturday night with a trip to the top of Rockefeller Center. The views were spectacular from the 67th floor observation tower as the city stretched for what seemed like forever beneath us. I then jumped on a Virgin America flight across the country the next morning, and must pause to say that flying Virgin was awesome: free wifi, satellite TV, chill people... I will DEFINITELY fly them again if I have a choice.

I landed in LA around 3, and thus had a little time to kill before the sun went down. I grabbed a smoothie and headed to the nearest beach - ironically called MANHATTAN BEACH! What are the chances that I flew from one Manhattan to another? I flipped my iPod to Alanis Morissette and shot surfers at dusk, marking a fantastic end to a week that is quickly running out of superlatives. Enjoy the shots!

~ J. Twice




No comments: