Thursday, November 12, 2009

Ventana Canyon

The 18th at Ventana... spectacular!

I was lucky to go to school in Arizona where there are some of the best golf courses in the planet. It was there that I met my good friend and roommate Brandon Smith, who now is the head pro at Ventana Canyon. Ventana is a semi-private course that is consistently ranked among the world's best. It has spectacular views and tough holes through the desert.

I was lucky enough to play the course yesterday with Dr. David Lapin, and stopped to shoot a few panoramic pictures with my iPhone. I got the look using an app called "Panoramatic" which costs a couple bucks but is TOTALLY worth it for running and gunning, as my friend Claudio Mangano would attest. You can also do 360 degree pictures using this app, but I didn't want to get slapped for slow play so hence no virtual views.

The Par 3 15th at Ventana. I dropped a nine-iron to about 15 feet.

If the view from the top looks familiar, it was the set of Kiana Tom's old workout show many years ago.

~ J. Twice

No comments: