Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Johnson Invasion: Year 2!

Meeting my parents, Jim and Holly, at the airport in Munich.

On Sunday I was blessed to have the opportunity to pick up my parents in Munich, as they are visiting us for two weeks!  Last year they came over to Europe for three weeks, and we had an amazing time together.  Who would have ever thought we would get to do it two years in a row?  I know many American kids come over to Europe to "backpack" - but it is a completely different experience to get to share this amazing continent with your family.  We have planned many fun things, and I am looking forward to it immensely!

This sign caught my attention in the airport - Take Asia Away?  I rather like Asia!  Leave it alone!

The two lovely ladies in my life!

Their plane was delayed for three hours in Amsterdam, so by the time they reached Munich they had already been traveling for almost 24 straight hours... not to mention the time change.  Therefore, we played it low key, deciding to stay in Munich and just tour the downtown core.  It is one thing to experience Europe yourself, but it is awesome to see it through someone else's eyes as they begin to see the whole vibe of this culture!  We began at the edge of the old town, working our way through Marienplatz, and then to (where else) the Hofbrauhaus!

German culture at its finest!  Hofbrauhaus (as you can go back to my many blog posts about it) is the most famous beer garden in Munich, and has a very fun atmosphere!

Christie posing with a curly-mustached regular.

My mom auditioning for a role as PRETZEL HEAD!

Our walk back to the hotel took us past the amazing church in the center of Marienplatz.  We asked MANY DIFFERENT PEOPLE to take our picture in front of it, but for some reason no one could grasp the fact that we wanted the actual background of this amazing building IN THE SHOT!!!  So frustrating... next time I'm bringing my tripod!

Trust me... there's a HUGE cool looking tower behind us... no one could quite understand that!

So of course, I had to take a shot to show you my impression of it.  What do you think?

It was a great time in Munich, and there will be many fun times ahead!


~ J. Twice

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Jim and Holly have arrived - how nice for you all. Good to see you together again. Have loads and loads of fun.

Love to all of you
Terry

The Lindermans said...

Yeah JOHNNY TIME! Love the pics...keep 'em coming!