Saturday, March 14, 2009

Technical Difficulties

So I've gotten a few emails this week wondering why I haven't updated my blog this week, and the simple answer is: TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES!

As I was working on the computer the other day, all of a sudden the screen went completely black. Weird... so I restarted, and it was very, very slow. A few hours later, it was dead completely, only giving me what Mac users refer to as the "dreaded flashing question mark."

I took it to the local Apple dealer - and thank goodness we are in Austria where we have local Apple dealers - and the bad news was confirmed: BROKEN HARDDRIVE. Bye bye files. Bye bye internet access.

I should be back and running by Tuesday this week... I have SO MUCH to share, from snowed out practices to an afternoon in the raucous "Nordpole" (the crazy Innsbruck FC Wacker Soccer fans.) And yes, their name is FC Wacker.

Talk to you all soon,

J. Twice

2 comments:

Saint said...

Happens to everyone. I've had our internet go out and a virus attack. Good luck getting back up and running!

Anonymous said...

jason, there is a company in Germany that recovers files even from burned hard discs, let me know if I can be of any help.