Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Zona experience

Arizona cruised to a sloppy 27-13 victory over the lifeless UCLA Bruins on a gorgeous 80 degree Saturday afternoon in Tucson. It was fun to be back at my Alma mater for a game - made more interesting by the fact that as a player I never got to be a part of the whole "Gameday Experience." here's a pair of videos from before the game, and yes, I know my wife only has her TV voice when talkin to a camera..




Had the Cats not turned the ball over five times they would have made my 73-10 prediction come true!





We were invited to the game by our good friend Sean Johnson, whose tickets in the "loge" section came complete with an all-you-can-eat buffet and air-conditioning. These two should never be underrated. It should also go without saying that anyone with the last name Johnson is fun to be around. His brother Brian also joined us, and as a guru of football knowlege calmly predicted 95% of the games events before they happened.

The one thing I could not understand was the absolutely anemic (good word huh Claudio? Look it up using the iphone dictionary app) play by the UCLA quarterbacks. I am typically NEVER one to judge the play of a fellow qb because I know how hard it is, but not one of the three who played showed any sign of accuracy, decisive decision making, or leadership skills. This is made even more strange seeing as they are coached by a former Rose Bowl qb (Neuheisel) and reknowned offensive guru (Norm Chow). I would need to look up their salaries but I would bet that's $1.5 million of instruction for a combined 13 of 35 for a mere 146 yards. Not that I minde of course...





Jtwice


-- Posted from my iPhone

1 comment:

Claud said...

Awsome blog post.

One thing only bothers me:
Why can't i see at least 2 or 3 UoA fans running towards you and screaming "Oh my God!It's him!It's Jason Johnson!OMG!!!Can i have an autograph???"

Arizona fans have a too short memory to my standards.

By
One of your greatest anemic fans.

"anemic" in italian:lack of iron in your blood.Good analogy ;)