Monday, January 28, 2008

Boosting Off!


The Chosen Day has arrived and it is finally time to BOOST off to Europe!

The pun is obviously a reference to Booster Juice... where I have spent the last 15 months as the Marketing and Advertising Manager. During my time there - I learned many things - but especially one simple equation: FRUIT + JUICES = CRAZY DELICIOUS!  Seeing as there is a Booster Juice at the Edmonton Airport, I ordered my final Brazilian Thunder with Warrior Booster for the next 7 months and headed off.

Deep down, I am filled with many things -- excitement, anticipation, slight nervousness, and of course, an enormous longing for pasta.  But perhaps of all things I am looking forward to in this adventure - the largest one is just playing the game of football.  There is not a better feeling out there than being in the heat of the battle with 10 other guys... I hope my Elephant teammates are ready, because I'm coming to play!

Ironically, as I stopped in the bookstore to look for a novel, the featured book on the stand was a book called "Playing for Pizza" by John Grisham.  Interesting.

Well, the announcement for boarding was just made (I'm writing this in the boarding area of the airport) -- so I'm gonna go jump on my non-stop flight...

Next stop: LONDON!

~ J. Twice

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that picture of you two! good one.

Careless Whisper said...

I love that photo as well, both of you still looks very young to me!!!