Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Euro-FITTED!

two-faced (too-faist)
adj.
1. Having two faces or surfaces.
2. Hypocritical or double-dealing; deceitful.

This is my watch.  It is two-faced.  And if I had to choose a definition from above, I'd probably go with the first, that is, unless the time is off by just a fraction of a second, and then it would be undoubtedly the second.  What time is?  7?  Liar!  It's really 6:58... please stop being deceitful.  (Or as Jay-Z so eloquently states, "Even a broken clock is right two times a day..."  My watch is such, as its two-faced nature tells me the time in both Edmonton, Canada and in Catania, Sicily.  Plus, its Nike which means it's sweet.

That being said, the real reason my watch is two-faced is because it is part of my euro-fitting.  Euro-fitting also begs a definition, which I could not find in Webster's... so I will step up and offer my own:

Eu·ro - fitted (yoo-ro, phi'ted)
adj.
1. Being outfitted for travel to Europe
2. Dressing like a European (also see: European Poser)




As my departure date nears, I find myself doing my best to get Euro-Fitted.  Hence the sweet two-faced watch.  My wife has also been doing her part -- and thanks to the inspiration from George Contreras... American Football Coach / Newly-Minted Italian Fine Dresser -- she gave me a new scarf and hat for my adventure.

The scarf, which could be described as slightly 'metro-sexual,' is my favorite color - dark black (yes, i did just say dark) - and is made of the finest blend of 100% cotton.  This is a sure fire hit.

The hat is a paperboy style - a modern twist on the 30's classic.  I only hope I can be as industrious and profitable as those fore-runners to their under-age sweat shop current-day contemporaries.

However, the coolest thing about the hat is that it has the British Flag emblem on the top.  That is sweet... because now anyone in a helicopter can pick me out on a crowded street.  "Who's that guy?" "You mean the English one?


KEY POINT:  When going to England, make sure you wear something with a British flag symbol on it... that's so they don't know you are AMERICAN.

Also, be sure to check back on this blog often, because 6 months from now... you might not recognize me!

~ J. Twice

ps Thank you Christie for being my Euro-Fittin' accomplice!

1 comment:

George said...

Lose the British flag hat before you touchdown at Fontanarossa Airport in Catania, we are now SICILIANS!!!