Saturday, January 26, 2008

MFC - Ya when i get back


Mixed Martial Arts is the fastest growing sport in the world -- with millions of new fans discovering a sport that now has boxing on the ropes.  I mean, who wouldn't want to watch two grown men kill each other until one is unconscious?  Maybe in a couple years, they'll even let us vote thumbs up / thumbs down whether we get to kill the loser (I wonder if anyone's done that before?)
  
Our TV production company - DUAL Productions - recently produced MFC Lucky 13 and MFC 14: High Rollers, two full-length Pay-Per-View shows for the Maximum Fighting Championship, Canada's Top Fight Organization.

Due to the fact that many of you may not have seen it, I thought I would post a video here to give you a better idea of what I do when I'm not throwing footballs.  I got to both direct and edit these shows ... and it gave me invaluable experience for the future.

On a side note, I would love to see a 64 man MMA tournament one day - like the NCAA College Basketball Tourney of Mixed Martial Arts.  Only instead of real fighters like Randy Couture, it would be all Movie Fighters.  Can you imagine?  Bruce Lee taking on Yoda from Episode II.  Chuck Norris vs. Neo from The Matrix.  Jackie Chan vs. "The Bride" of Kill Bill fame.  (Someone send me a bracket and it shall be posted!) 

As we're headed off to Italy, I personally can't be as heavily involved in the MFC's upcoming shows - but I wish Mark Pavelich and the boys there all the best! 

Also, a big thanks to Lalo & Five Stone Music for the killer music.  Enjoy!

~ J. Twice


No comments: