Monday, February 11, 2008

Anniversary Wishes

On Friday, February 9th, 2007, Jason Johnson married the love of his life, Christie Chorley, in a fairy-tale setting at the exlusive Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel high in the Canadian Rockies.










On Saturday, February 9th, 2008, Jason awoke 10,000 miles away from his wife, took some pictures of crashing waves in the beachside community of Aci Castello, Italy before practicing football with his new team, the Catania Elephants.  Christie enjoyed a day with friends in Calgary.

What a difference a year makes… and a complete change in life.  The past year has been a roller coaster, filled with amazing highs and helpless lows.  In that time, I’ve traveled to 3 continents, spending looneys, dollars, yen, pounds, and euros.  I’ve said Thank You, Grazie, and Arrigato.  I've worked hard and had fun.  I’ve had a number of amazing experiences and met a number of new friends.  And while people say the first year of marriage is the hardest, I can truly say that it has been a unique experience and that Christie and I are looking forward to a time of slowing down a little and figuring out where we are headed in the big picture.

The one thing I have learned in the past year is that life is very, very precious; and that nothing is guaranteed.  What is really important is the people in your life, and enjoying the moment because you never know when it will come again.  That’s probably a major reason why I am writing this in Italy right now.  And if you can take anything away from this blog, I hope you can learn to just EMBRACE LIFE and to TAKE THAT LEAP for what you’ve always dreamed of.

And to my wife, I miss you greatly and can’t wait until you are here living the dolce vita with me.  But until you get here... here's the Elephants wishing you their best...


~ J. Twice

No comments: