Thursday, February 7, 2008

Heaven? No, it's Gelato



Many of you have heard me rave about the amazing GELATO here in Italy, however, I thought I better add one of my pictures that tells the whole story.  Basically, it is softer than ice cream but with much more flavor... absolutely RIDICULOUS how good it is.  Wikipedia Explains Gelato as:

Gelato
, or the plural Gelati, is Italian ice cream made from milk and sugar, combined with other flavorings. The gelato ingredients (after an optional pasteurization) are frozen while stirring to break up ice crystals as they form. Like high-end ice cream, gelato generally has less than 35% air, resulting in a dense and extremely flavourful product.
Our favorite, as pictured above, is BELLINI flavor -- which I learned today is made of Ricotta Cheese (the same filling as Cannoli) and chocolate.  Guess that's why it tastes like heaven.
~ J. Twice

No comments: