Sunday, March 23, 2008

Presenting the Elephants

Showing off the brand new RED 6!

On Friday night, hundreds of fans, family, friends, sponsors, and well-wishers packed an upscale Catania gallery for the official presentation of the 2008 Catania Elephants... with the highlight of the night being the showcase of the brand new uniforms. The new uniforms -- Mt. Etna Red -- are a fitting upgrade as the Elephants tackle the challenge of our first season in Italy's top division.

After a great presentation that included interviews with our head coach, Davide, and defensive coordinator, George, the American players got to show off the jerseys and later mingled with the Elephant family. I think the best aspect of Catania to this point has been the people -- and Davide has worked very hard to create a family atmosphere that is terrific. I know that if I coach one day, I will definitely take that with me... just as was modeled at PLU under my grandfather, Frosty Westering, and now my uncle, Scott Westering.


A candid team photo in our Red Hooded Sweatshirts, or 'felpa' as the Italians say. To this point, I have received more Elefanti gear than 3 years with the Eskimos...


The crowd looks on... ready for the start of the 2008 season next Saturday in Milan.

Brandon posing with the Big 63. I think the last thing a number of opposing players will see this season is the 6-3 between the eyes as 'The Big Hurt' Runs through them.

George, Brandon, and myself posing with Davide, our Owner-President-Right Tackle-Scout Team Option Quarterback.

Posing with Bella, as everyone here calls her.

After such a fun night -- I can't wait to kick things off next week!

J. Twice





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the uni's!

The Lindermans said...

How do I get me one of those red sweatshirts??? Can I order one online?