Sunday, March 16, 2008

The Week in Review

Beautiful Cefalu, our Friday Destination.

Greetings to all my family, friends, and digital groupies!  It has been an amazing week here in Italy, filled with many adventures and new experiences!  From Christie’s arrival in Catania to our first scrimmage for the Elephants, there is much to tell!

First of all, let me apologize for not posting on the blog this week.  I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S BEEN ONE WEEK SINCE I HAVE POSTED... I AM SO SORRY!  One concerned family member did leave me a comment saying, “So the wives (Christie and George’s wife Laurie) show up and you stop blogging?”  Well… yes… and yes.  Internet access has been a story unto itself here, and over the past week I’ve had little or no access.  Secondly, we’ve been on the road and doing so many things I just haven’t had time to upload all the great pictures and stories.  HOWEVER, there has been a digital breakthrough on the Sicilian front, and reports are stating that we will possibly have internet installed in our house on Monday at 2pm Italian Standard Time.   

That being said, I have posted a number of items to bring you all up to speed from the past week… so please scroll down and catch all the highlights!  However, for those of you with with short attention spans, here’s the past week in a nutshell:

SATURDAY: Christie and I arrived in Catania from our trip to Paris.  She got moved in and we had a great afternoon practice.

SUNDAY: We spent the day in the beautiful hillside town of Taormina.  See below for some great pictures of the Greek Theatre and coastline.


Outside of the Greek Theatre in Taormina.

WEDNESDAY: I traveled to Milan for the day to do an interview with SportsWeek Magazine, the Italian version of Sports Illustrated.  All the quarterbacks from each team were there, and it was an awesome experience!  (Funny stories… see below!)

 

THURSDAY: George and Laurie left on a two day trip to Florence (see his blog – amazing pictures) while Christie and I explored our local beachside down of Aci Castello.

 

FRIDAY: Christie and I traveled to Cefalu – a gorgeous beach town on Sicily’s northern coast.  We had a phenomenal time and I think I took my best picture of the trip!  (And had I found a rental shop, would have done my first surfing in Sicily!)  

SATURDAY: We had our first taste of outside competition as we had a practice game / scrimmage with the Palermo Sharks.  We played great - I was very proud of our guys!

 

Now on Sunday it’s off to a Sicilian BBQ with our team to celebrate the graduation of our linebacker Salvo… arrivederci!

 

~ J. Twice

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi guys - I hope this gets thru to you. I sent an email to Christies gmail and it does not show going thru and I sent a comment to Jasons lastest blog and it doesnot show either. I read them every day Georges as well. See you in June. You look like you're having the time of your life.
Terry